Kids are the future…
It does not matter what country you are in or which language you speak: kids will always need to be molded, educated and encouraged in order to succeed.
In Guatemala City, education for school-aged children is not free. For kids to attend school, families must pay tuition. Many of the families of kids at Camino de Luz or Fe & Alegría No. 43 can’t afford to educate their children, so we’re seeking sponsors.
The cost is $40 per month for 12 months. This monthly sponsorship covers the kids’ tuition and registration fees for school. We engage the parents by asking them to purchase uniforms, books, and other materials because we feel that parental investment in their child’s future is important. Not all families are able to afford these things, so we work with them on an individual, case-by-case basis to assist if necessary.
Our teams have been involved with the Camino de Luz school for the past decade. David Beam and his teams have been involved even longer than that. This is a Christian school that gives a strong foundation for learning, but also teaches about Jesus. Camino de Luz has classes starting at pre-school and going through 9th grade.
Fe & Alegría No. 43 is a new school to us. It is located about 2 hours north east of Guatemala City in the mountains. We will be traveling to meet the staff at this school within in the next few months.
How Sponsorship Works
If you are interested in sponsoring one of the children who hope to attend Camino de Luz, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be glad to give you more information and answer any questions.
Take a moment to scroll down and meet some of the kids!
Details: The cost is $40 per month, which must be submitted via one of the following options:
- ONLINE via our website – Visit us at our website http://mark1615.simdif.com/
- Click Donate (this will reroute you to the Foundation for Missions donation plage)
- Select ‘Program/Project’
- Select Child Sponsorship,
- Fill our your information,
- Under ‘Additional Specifics’ please type ” Lawrence and Jo Adams – [your child’s name]”,
- Click Give
- A check can be sent directly to our mission organization at this address (please include a separate note with Lawrence and Jo Adams – [your child’s name]” in the envelope with the check): The Foundation, PO Box 560233, Orlando, Florida 32856.
Thank you for your partnership and support! We couldn’t do this without you.
Jo & Lawrence Adams