Mechanic’s Most Helpful Tool
Romans 12:4 (CEVUS06)
A body is made up of many parts, and each of them has its own use.
The need / opportunity explained…
We have been working on an opportunity to be able to provide other missionaries with safe and honest mechanic work. We have been blessed for a location for this ministry. We are partnered with Jenna’s school, Christian Academy of Guatemala (CAG), to use their mechanics shop. CAG is a school that was founded for kids of missionaries to provide an American Accredited education. This school allows for missionaries to be able to focus on their programs without the worry of their children’s education.
Lawrence will be dedicating two days per week to work on missionary vehicles out of this conveniently location shop. He will be providing basic maintenance and diagnostic for more advanced repairs. One of the MOST valuable tools in any mechanics toolbox is a computer scanner. Most of today’s vehicles have a computer in them that can easily tell a mechanic specifically what is wrong with the vehicle. In Guatemala, there are many non USA made vehicles and a scanner is invaluable. Most mechanic’s shops purchase a scanner for the entire shop and the cost is $5,000-$10,000. Lawrence has done his research and found a scanner for $2,700 (includes shipping) that will do the same work of the larger shop scanners. If you would like to read more about this scanner please feel free to click HERE.
We need to raise $2,700 U.S. to fund this invaluable scanner. Ideally, it would work out great to be able to receive these funds by April 2nd or before. The shop is set open on April 2nd, a date that was provided to us from the school. This will be a wonderful opportunity to be able to serve other missionaries and their families to provide safe and reliable transportation.
Our Prayer Requests
- First and foremost, that we always hear God’s guidance and FOLLOW it.
- The ability to grow Lawrence’s tool inventory to allow him to help more missionaries in the new mechanic shop. Contact us at (989) 486-4165 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete need list.
- Find new monthly financial partners (continued praises for the current ones!).
To support this project, please do so by the options
- Online – You can give securely online by going to Foundation’s Donate page (Select which method you would like to support (ACH is preferred since there is no fees), Under Program/Project – Select Child Sponsorship, Fill our your information, Under Additional Specifics please type ” Lawrence and Jo Adams – [Mechanic]”, Click Give
- A check can be sent directly to our mission organization at this address (please include a separate note with Lawrence and Jo Adams – [Mechanic]” in the envelope with the check): The Foundation, PO Box 560233, Orlando, Florida 32856.
God is showing us needs to be met and we see more ways every day that he has prepared us and given us talents to meet those needs. As we continue in obedience, we are trusting He will provide for our family needs as well as our ministry’s.
— Lawrence, Jo, and Jenna Adams