Darren and Gwen Allen
Serving in Guatemala
Our call to join God’s work in Guatemala started over a year ago when we took an extended honeymoon to visit some friends serving as missionaries in and around Guatemala City.
It was while we were working alongside them that God touched our hearts and we both felt the pieces of our life puzzle fall into place.
Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Colossians 3:17
We went home, continued praying and seeking God’s will. God is faithful and has answered our prayers, confirming our call and on November 1st we will leave Iowa, friends and family behind and enter into full time training and service with Prince of Peace Ministries.
This is a special place that takes in girls who have been rescued from desperate situations and gives them a safe, nurturing environment to live, learn and experience God’s love.
Gwen will spend her days teaching English to the girls in order to make them more employable when they transition out of the home. She will also help start programs that will teach them life skills like sewing, baking, gardening and child care.
Darren will maintain the facilities and smooth the way for the short term mission teams that come to complete projects.
We feel excited and privileged that God has called us join Him in His work at this amazing place. We can’t wait to see Him unfold the rest of our story.
“The less I spent on myself and the more I gave to others the fuller of happiness and blessing did my soul become.”
We have seen God’s blessing poured out on us by His provision throughout our lives. He has always taken care of us and we know He always will.
Like most missionaries, we are faith based missionaries. We depend on God and His people for our support. We could not serve in this capacity without a team of prayer warriors and financial donors. Would you prayerfully consider joining our team?
Please Prayerfully consider joining our team in the following ways:
- Pray for us. Pray that we will discern His voice.
- The world is loud, His voice is soft.
- We only want to be inside of His will.
- Donate to us in a one/time gift that will allow us to pay for things like:
- Transportation home once a year,
- Passport expenses or medical Bills.
- Sponsor us on a monthly basis so that we can meet budgeted needs like yours;
- Rent, utilities, gas and groceries.
- Connect /sign up for our newsletters: email@example.com
- By financially joining us in our work here in Guatemala, you will have a share in His blessing too.
Prayerfully donate here and specify ‘Darren & Gwen Allen’ in the additional Specifics or Memo